Original recipe makes 6 serving
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl beat the egg white with the water. Stir in the pecans, mixing until well moistened.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Sprinkle over the moistened nuts. Spread nuts on prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice. Be careful not to overcook and burn the nuts.
Pecan Breakfast Rolls - Courtesy of Betty O'Donnell
1 package frozen dinner rolls
- 3 sticks of butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans (more if you want)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar 4 TLBS cinnamon
- Use 18-20 frozen rolls and cut them in half while frozen.
- Melt 3 sticks of butter and put 1/2 the butter in a separate bowl for later use
- Add 1 cup brown sugar to the remaining melted butter and mix well
- Put this mixture in a greased bundt pan
- Add at least 1 cup of pecans, slightly broken, more if you want
- In another bowl, mix 1 cup granulated white sugar with 4 TLBS of cinnamon
- Dip rolls in remaining melted butter and then roll in the cinnamon sugar (coat heavily)
- Place on top of the pecans in the bundt pan until the pecans are well covered (stack them on top of each other)
- Cover with wax paper and leave overnight
- They will rise above the top of the pan
- Remove paper carefully and bake at 350 degree for about 28-30 minutes (watch top of rolls, they will be very brown)
- Leave in pan about 15 minutes then turn upside down on large platter
- Scrape sides of pan and put on top
Pecan Turtle Pretzels
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Lay pretzels down on the parchment paper
- Place one Rollo on top of each pretzel
- Bake 3-5 minutes watch for them to soften but not melt
- Take out of the oven and add one pecan half per pretzel
- Let cool completely
Classic Pecan Pie
- 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen** deep-dish pie crust
**High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup and increase butter to 3 tablespoons. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
- To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.
- RECIPE TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan.
- If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.
- NUTRITION TIP: To reduce calories, substitute new Karo® Lite Syrup for the Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup.
Tea Time Tossies
1 - 3oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup flour
Mix together and make into small round balls and place in mini muffin pans. Mash each ball to make a cup.
- 1 egg
- 1 TLBS butter melted
- 1tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Mix all together and fill cups Bake at 325 for 15-20 min.